Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Monday, May 08, 2006

All Apologies

Well, tomorrow I leave America and head back to Ukraine. It's been a great 6 days, but a quick week. I did not get to do most of the things that I desired to do in terms of talking to friends outside of the area here, but I quickly decided that I would not make any efforts unless I got phone calls. Call me a jerk, but I was just too tired every night to even attempt to try to make conversation. Actually, the idea of even dialing a phone some nights seemed too trying. I did get to relax somewhat and get to spend time with family for the wedding, which was awesome. I got to see my friends still in the area, which was also awesome, and talk to a few people on the phone, but obviously not enough or everyone, and for that I am very sorry. I suppose that when I was in Ukraine thinking about this trip I didn't think that the jet lag would affect me as much as it did, or even my teaching schedule, but seriously, I have basically passed out every night around 9pm. I tried to stay up to see SNL on the night of the wedding, but I barely made it through Tom Hank's monologue. I've been a bum. I've tried to eat my mom out of house and home. I have been drinking root beer like it's my job. I have been trying to watch some quality television, like the Today Show or news programs because I can't understand that stuff in Russian or Ukrainian, so I am very behind on what is going on here. I am sorry that I did not fulfill my goals in terms of getting a chance to catch up on all of your lives, but hopefully you won't hold it against me and please know that I am always thinking of you and wondering how you are all doing. Keep up the letters, e-mails, text messages, and so on. They keep me motivated and keep me going!

1 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Sorry about that! With wedding stuff and falling asleep so early, I didn't really get a chance to catch up with anyone, which I'm bummed about now, but in retrospect, it was probably better on my body and mental health.

It was wonderful to see you, Ed, and Susie, and Cora who is getting so big. I can only wait to see how you all look the next time I see you! Again, it was awesome to hear about *your* experiences in DR and think (as always) that it's great work that you are all doing!

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page