Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Charles and Camilla

About a few weeks ago, when it seemed that spring was on its way (this was before the snow that came last weekend), I went to open up the curtains in my living room on a Sunday morning. I looked outside to see the promise of a beautiful sunny day and noticed a strange animal out front. It was a mallard duck! I do not live near any water, although supposedly there is a quarry waaaaaay out in the "forest" somewhere, so this was quite a surprise. I ran and begun taking some pictures of the guy before he went over to say hello to his lady friend that was with him.

Obviously Ohio has to be the most exciting place in the world if the appearance of a duck or two is enough to have me talking about it for weeks, right? But they hung around for the day, and I was able to get some really cute shots of the lovely pair, and then they were off. I would look for them for days, wondering where my little friends went, but they were gone. And then earlier this week I saw them walking across the front yard again, and I decided to name them. In honor of the recent event in the royal British family, I am calling them Camilla and Charles. Their duck-love does seem forbidden, I suppose, just because they have to spend their lives in such a place as this, and I pity them. I hope that they nest perhaps nearby and I will be able to name their duck-love chickies, or whatever you call baby ducks.

In other news, I sent off most of the first chapter for my thesis to my "editor," who I am always so grateful for his comments! I am still not done with all of it, as I realized that I still have to write a bit about the first President Bush and his Points Of Light business, but I will do that hopefully tomorrow and then read some student papers and get to work on chapter two!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page