Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Back in the [former] U.S.S.R.

"Been away so long I hardly knew the place
Gee, it's good to be back home
Leave it till tomorrow to unpack my case
Honey disconnect the phone
I'm back in the USSR
You don't know how lucky you are, boy"

After various pitfalls and stalls, I finally made my way back to N-- some days ago and have been readjusting to my life at site, mostly by sleeping and reading Theodore Dreiser, who honestly, hates America.

I have yet to do some important things, like go to the post office or buy potatoes, mostly because I've been so exhausted. And I have enough Belgian chocolate to keep me alive for some time yet. I will try in the following entries to retell some events and happenings from the past few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page