Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Я знаю тебя

Several weeks had passed since the free champagne incident. I went and visited several of my linkmates from Western Ukraine and was heading back on yet another overnight train, its destination, an oblast center above Crimea.

Finally, after several hours of silence, the two women who sat across from me started talking. After staring at me for a bit, one asked where I was from. "America," I responded. "Oh, I know you. I saw you in A--," naming the town where the free champagne was given. "Where did you see me?" as I probably blushed, not intending to ever see any of those people who had witnessed several of us doing intrepretive dances to Justin Timberlake. "At the cafe." "Uh-huh. Day or evening." "Evening." At this I burst out laughing for minutes. "As they say in my country, it's a small world..." and called my friend in Northern Crimea to tell her about the coincidence and to which she was similiarly dumbfounded at the improbablity of it all...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Molly
It's LeeAnn!! I have a few questions for you about americorps. Can you email me back at lrt713@gmail.com?

Thanks!!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page