Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Because A Peace Corps Readjustment Salary Will Only Get You So Far...

Financial peril is not too far behind.

I am also experiencing the job seeking blues hard core.

I started applying for exciting and interesting jobs that I felt qualified for. I heard back from two places. Interviewed at one over a month ago. Am still waiting. The other interview takes place at the end of this month. Because of the first sentence, I can't wait for either of these things to pan out or not pan out. I have heard nowt from anywhere else (well, I got one e-mail rejection).

I have now decided to take whatever I can. I am applying for jobs that I know that I am overqualified for in hopes of simply being able to afford my rent and bills and nothing else. Scarlet O'Hara ate dirt. I probably can too.

Living in Boston for less than a week, I already have a "fundraising" position that I have no idea whether or not I'll actually see any money for. I have yet to do any real phone calls and if I don't make the performance quota, I'll be cut. It's minimum wage, which no one can live on.

It's frustrating how long this process takes and so besides the "fundraising" job, I'll also be trying to substitute teach and from there I go to temp agencies.

Right now Ukraine and Peace Corps is looking SSSSOOOOOO good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page