Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Saturday, November 08, 2008

The Final Stop



I left Deming fairly early in the morning and continued heading west. I stopped in a town along the boarder to get some breakfast and noticed just how culturally diverse the Southwest is. In Boston you do hear a smattering of different languages everywhere you go, but I could not say that one foreign language was more prominent than any other. But in the Southwest, it is evident that Spanish is very widely spoken and that people are ethnically diverse--Native American and Mexican influences are everywhere.

Soon enough, I was entering Arizona and as if from nowhere, the scenery started getting higher, more rocky, and more beautiful. I was home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page