Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Fourth Leg

Texas, Texas, Texas.

I think that it's hard not to love Texas. A state that is larger than all countries in Europe and has it's own culture, mentality, and state of being.

I took off early from Old Boston and headed as fast as I could to Austin--where I was going to stay with a friend from Peace Corps and we would meet up with several other friends from Ukraine.

I got there relatively easy, although I still don't know what the heck I passed on the way into Dallas--a long bridge over some sort of lake, which I can only assume was man-made?? I have no idea. And Dallas has a drive named after the Ewings. Can you believe that? I have never seen a highway, boulevard, etc, named after a fictional television character. Bart Simpson Boulevard, anyone?

Arriving in Austin, I was exhausted but ready to hang. Had a great time catching up with folks and was taken to a huge restaurant where I ate something along the lines of fritos and chili. It was actually good, although I was initially... disgusted.

Ah. Texas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page