Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Out of Town Visitor

Today, early, I went to the Toledo airport and picked up my mother. She will be in town for the next week, and boy oh boy, the fun times have already begun. We went to see the new Johnny Depp movie, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" which was really really good. I guess I should say that it's more Tim Burton than Johnny Depp and the kind of movie that makes me really enjoy what film can do--transport you to a different place, a different reality, a place where possibilities are endless. Anyway, we both really enjoyed it.

Tomorrow morning we will head off to Cincinnati for a Reds game and to check the town out, maybe even make it into Kentucky. Who knows. Should be back on Saturday.

After that we head north to Detroit for a Tigers game. And then it's Milwaukee for a few days to check out the Brewers. In case you didn't know, my mother loves baseball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page