Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Taking a Break

Even though it's not deserved.

I made some flyers for my yard sale and put them up around campus before meeting up with the Prof the Director of the PS department put me in touch with. He is a bevy of knowledge and contacts and I am so glad that I followed up on that. He took me to lunch (which is a treat all to itself) told me about all the work that he does, which relates mostly to working with teachers and teaching them about teaching (got that?) civic education. Totally interesting stuff. He's traveled a lot and clearly loves Ukraine, which is awesome. He was very upfront with the challenges that I will face and realistic about how careful one must be, and seems to be excited about my opportunity, as depending upon where I am placed, I may be able to help work with some of this colleagues, which would be fantastic.

So after that lunch, I continued to post flyers around campus and ran out of staples. So then I'd go up to the big board kiosky things and look all sad and try to find thumb tacks to pull out and post my yard sale sign. I still need to go out to town and continue this venture, heading to grocery stores and some other places that will allow such things. I also need to do some grocery shopping myself and get more boxes. I need to do tons more packing and also start pricing my items and putting them together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page