Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Selling Furniture Makes me Happy

"Bobby" came over and bought a lot of my stuff, which makes my life easier. Other people have expressed an interest in the things that he does not want, so this is good. No one, it seems, wants my bed, which is the most expensive thing I have to sell, in other words, the thing that I need to sell. But I cleared $300 for the couch, kitchen table and chairs, coffee table, end table, a tall bookshelf, and some other odds and ends. I cut him a deal, and I didn't mind too much, because now I don't have to move the crap.

I still have lots of other crap to get rid of, but it might be easier to move at a yard sale or something. Plus, if sold more individually, I don't have to make any deals.

Lunch was good with my colleague, although he barely provided me with any gossip. But it was interesting to hear what he is working on and entertaining to talk to. "Bobby" was also a lot different this time. We chatted for a long time, about life, relationships, school, etc. He has a girlfriend and seems more confident in himself than when I first remember him, which is awesome. He also bakes muffins and will get my muffin trays. He did not seem like the sort. I absolutely love when first impressions work out to be wrong, because then you are always pleasantly surprised in a divine sort of way... Like it renews your faith in folks or whatnot. That is of course unless he screws me out of my money, then that cad has it coming.

I didn't get on the ball today about calling my landlady. A part of me is like "how can I throw together a yard sale in a day?" but then the other part of me is like "well, why do I really need her permission anyway? But I suppose that do. Bah.

I was also fortunate to sell another book on Amazon this past week, but unfortunately the sales just trickle in, so I end up getting like $7 a month from the sales. But that is $7 I didn't have already. I've been pretty religiously watching the Philadelphia Craiglist to check out part time jobs, and have thought about nannying and baby sitting. Will look more into it when I head back to Pennsylvania.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page