Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

City, Site, Etc.

My city is completely fabulous.

It has 5 movie theaters.

It has supermarkets.

It has stores, department stores, even regions of the city.

It has ethic food, including a bbq place, a Japanese restaurant, and decent pizza. Better than BG.

Several PCV's currently live in this city and when I meet up with the first one, he said, "What nobody realizes is that you are in the best PC city in the country." I could see what he meant. Not terribly far from places like Kyiv (an overnight train journey at less than $10) and close to Odessa without having to live there (word is that it's not a great place to live).

Besides the city, the site seems awesome too. Granted, no one is ever forthcoming with details in Ukraine, but my counterpart explained that I will be teaching culture of the USA, a homereading course where I have to come up with a list of books for them to read and also the books themselves, and a creative writing course. I'm excited about the challenge and just happy that it is not what was originally written on my sheet. They also have a bunch of projects that they'll want me to work on while I am, including a debate event, a conference of my choice, an English club, and a variety of other things. I'm up for the challenge, happy about the challenge, and just super happy that it all seems like exactly what I wanted. I can't wait to go back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page