Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Monday, March 13, 2006

A friend update

As I was sitting in the kitchen with my host mom and sister Sunday evening I got a phone call from the man I met the day before Women's Day. He was on a train heading to Kyiv. He left earlier than he had expected to and expressed regret that we could not meet again. My host family laughed silently as I tried to talk to him in Russian, wondering who the hell it could be.

He'll be gone for 6 or 7 months, which counts him temporarily out of the running for being my new best Ukrainian friend, but I still contend that it's helpful for me to talk to people and take chances on putting myself out there.

We will see if my female Julia Roberts friend calls. Right now that's all I got!

1 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page