Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Encore

So I waited until Sunday evening to call Maxim. I really had been looking forward to it, mostly for the comical farce I imagined it being--trying to communicate over the phone . In the days after the meeting, I imagined my Russian excelling by having tete-a-tete's with Maxim in dark cellar cafe's all around N--, discussing cinema, literature, culture, politics....

But alas, the romance was over before it ever began. One indecipherable number has made it impossible for me to locate him, unless I put a lot more effort into it than I am honestly willing to do. I made several attempts at guessing, but both guesses led me to a dead end, or at least only what I can interpret as being incorrect. *Sigh*. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page