Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Readjusting

While it was not necessarily hard to leave America, I have found it harder to be in Ukraine since my visit home. Actually harder than when I first arrived. Perhaps I am still tired and exhausted, as things have been busy here and I tend to need some time to readjust once my routine has been changed.

And I erally have not had time to properly get my Ukrainian life back in order since my return. but of cousre there could be excuses for just being lazy.

I am craving the end of the semester though and some of the exciting events that will take place over the summer. I am excited about having the chance to recreate myself over the summer, of becoming a hard-nose teacher and not having to plan lesson plans week by week, like I do now.

I am hoping that family and friends from America and beyond will want to see what life is like in Ukraine and will come and visit me.

I have many things to look forward to here in Ukraine and I hope that after I get back into the groove of things that I won't feel a certain kind of sadness when I light my kolonka. That things will return to normal and it won't make me sad that when I turn on my tv I don't undersatnd what the people are saying. Or that I am extremely poor (by U.S. standards, of course). None of these things bothered me before and they won't bother me soon enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Ed, thank you. And you both know how much I think of you guys too!!!

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page