Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Grrr and Brrr!

Last Tuesday I woke up and set out for my first pair. It was cold outside and during my walk I tried to remember what time of year it was last year when I finally starting wearing long johns. I certainly thought that it was after November, but I could have been mistaken.

After I taught my two pairs, I walked out of the building and noticed it was snowing. On October 17th! "Maybe it will be a light flurry," I thought, after first uttering a few expletives. But no. It continued all day, coming down harder still.

Again, I tell you that I have no heat in my apartment. And my windows have yet to be “winterized” which is a fancy word that means sticking foam and rags in the cracks to keep cold air from seeping in. Also, I can’t seem to find my gloves.

I think it’s going to be a long miserable winter. Maybe I’ll finally learn how to knit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page