Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rules of Attraction

Call me old school, but if I didn't give you: 1) my phone number or 2) my email address and I only politely tell you my FIRST name and where I work, I don't want you to email me or call me at my work place.

I'm a polite person, so yes, I will respond, and I'll say "working on things right now, not really interested in meeting anyone" because 1) it's true and 2) I'm not into you.

Don't continue to write to me or be pushy about wanting to meet. I understand that in the law of averages this method must work a certain percentage of the time, but with us other women, it just comes across as psycho.

Also, don't call yourself an intelligent person when you don't know the difference between to and too and lady's and ladies. It's insulting to me, who actually does know the difference between these things. I was too (see, that's how that word is used) polite to bring up the point that your one course at the U does not charm me. If donkeys could pay and prove citizenship, they'd be allowed to take classes at the U too.

But what pisses me off more than anything else is this: because I don't "belong" to a man either by being in a relationship or marriage with one that that makes it okay to harass me even after I've said no. Twice. After you contacted me inappropriately. Twice. That is not how this works. I should not have to lie and say that yes, I have a boyfriend, in order for you to honor the words "thanks, but I'm not interested."

I'm angry. What is wrong with people and why do they think that this is an appropriate way to contact people? Am I crazy for thinking that this is out of line? When does it become too far? When he comes to my house? My work place? What?

This is the second time in less than three years that a man has acted out of bounds with me. Do I wear some sort of sign on my face that says "desperate?," "lonely?," "no self-esteem?" What is it? It's NOT ok. I'd love to point the finger at the person who put me in this situation to begin with, but perhaps there is something about me that makes me an easy target? Is it my stupid smile and nervous laugh? Jesus. Someone just tell me what makes me so vulnerable to the wrong kind of people so I can fix this, and either be more assertive or more open!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page