Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Me and Reality TV

This morning, when I was thinking about my day, I was horrified to realize that Monday thru Thursday, my evenings are strictly devoted to reality TV. Monday night is my huge guilty pleasure, the MTV Road Rules/Real World Challenge. Tuesday night is spent watching The Amazing Race, which I do not have to feel so guilty about, seeing as how it does involve travel and is entertaining in a wholesome sort of way. Wednesday is time for America's Next Top Model, which always gets better the fewer girls there are. I was too emotionally invested last season and became upset when evil drag queen Tyra sent several girls home that I really liked. Although, truthfully, earlier this year Wednesday was completely the highlight of my television viewing week. Bravo's Project Runway basically ruled my life as I became more and more obsessed with the show. All the drama. Over the top Austin, that evil ruinous woman Wendy, and the complete star, fellow Pennsylvanian Jay. It was crazy. I would give recaps to my mom and s.o., as neither watched the show themselves, but because it was now my obsession, I had to share it with everyone I spoke to on a regular basis. It was a great show but I doubt that they could make the second season as good. Thursday is of course The Donald's night, but that will soon too be over, and then I'll have that night back until the next reality TV show sucks me in.

I just wish that I wasn't such a sucker for those shows, but as much as I try to deny it, I just can't. You simply can not beat the human drama.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Patriotic Citizen of Ohio, US

Thank you for your kind words.

Unfortunately, I have to inform you that due to Patriotic Citizen of Britain not voting for the correct party, the vote does not count.

Yours

People for the Election of the Correct Party.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Seriously though, my vote will not make a difference - Chester is a close call between Labour (Bliar's lot) & the Tories (Michael Howard's lot), so me voting for the Lib Dems will not affect the overall result (it's not a case of who gets the most votes, but who has the most MPs & in each area whoever gets the most votes becomes the MP in that area; so it's entirely possibly, that one party could have more MPs by winning by very few votes, but another party could have more votes by having fewer MPs winning by larger margins.).

8:33 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Correct Party?

Come now fellow Patriotic Citizen. Voting your beliefs and values does not make you a strategic voter, but it makes you one who votes with your conscience. Something in these times that is very hard to do. I applaude you, although this Patriotic Citizen would have been a fool to vote for Nader in this past election, living where I do. *Sigh* But it mattered little at the end of the day.

May you not gain 15+ pounds in the end result or feel an overwhelming sense of worthlessness and frustration. Tony Blair is at least moderately respected around the globe and people just *love* that accent.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

I am so excited that Uchenna and Joyce won the Amazing Race. Now what will I do next Tuesday?

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page