Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

5 Things I Like about Bowling Green, Ohio

Sometimes, when I drive down Main Street, usually on the way back from Kroger to my house, I like Bowling Green. I mean really like it.

That drive only lasts about 5 minutes, which is really the longest length of time that I could actually convince myself that I enjoy living here.

Here are some unique things that I like about Bowling Green, and while I can't say that I'll miss them, these are things that I'll remember:

5. Wood County Court House and the big clock tower. Think of it as Wood County's own Yorkminster.

4. Panera Bread. Panera is not unique to Bowling Green, and I don't even eat there all that often, typically only when I travel either back to Boston or Pennsylvania, but it's good. I especially recommend the smoked turkey panini* or the chicken salad. The orange scones are good as are many of their breads.

3. Beer is cheap. Really cheap. They don't have Yuengling, but it's cheap. As are mixed drinks, which I more commonly will drink when I go out. Plus, doing karaoke is not so intimidating in a place like Bowling Green, and they have some decent bars that aren't overrun with undergraduates.

2. Bowling Green: Home of the National Tractor Pull Championship. Need I say more?

1. Drive-thru everything. Only a lazy American would say something like this, right? But it's true. The closest convenient store to me is a drive-thru one, where you can get snacks, bread, and beer. Yup. Drive-thru beer store. Amazing. They also seem to have more drive-thru ATM machines here too, so essentially, you don't ever have to get out of your car if you don't want to. Although, we do have to pump our own gas--New Jersey has us beat on laziness there! Way to go Jersey!

* thank you Eric, for ordering that fine sandwich. I've gone back to get it again, only to have them tell me that it was sold out. It's *that* good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Actually, I should have replaced Panera with Grounds--it's where all the cool kids hang out and drink coffee and write/read. They have an extensive collection of used books for sale, and it is really rather chill. I am just more of a fan of doing my reading/writing in my apartment. Although lately that hasn't happened.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

It's done.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page