Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Losing Momentum

Went out last night and had a good time. However, I am paying for it this morning, as I am having a hard time getting motivated for this yard sale. Plus, my living room is surrounded with boxes (mostly just filled with books) and it's hard to figure out what I can pack up now and store, as my father is coming for graduation and will take as much stuff as possible home.

Yard sales end up being a pain in the ass, I am thinking. I did this whole thing sort of last minute, so I was not able to advertise it, other than putting those flyers around town (which I should probably post more of today too) which will probably not work. I also went and bought some signs and some stakes. I also will need to go to the bank to get some change before tomorrow morning. I haven't even started yet and I'm already in the hole.

I also have to take out all of my clothes from these crappy plastic drawers that I have and dump them somewhere, I'll have to dissemble the bed to take the frame out and leave the mattress inside. My storage unit will also have to be cleaned out. I also don't have any tables to speak of, other than a coffee table, which I will have to try and take outside, otherwise my belongings will be just on a blanket or in a box on the ground, which isn't really attractive. Someone has already spoken for some items, which is good, and hopefully some other people will come by and at least inquire about the furniture. It is also supposed to thunderstorm, joy of joys.

Cross your fingers that I can gather $100 in profits and get rid of the bigger stuff. Also, I hope that I can get rid of the bed... Otherwise it will be very difficult to transport back to Pennsylvania, where I have a feeling that it won't be as difficult to sell, even in West Chester.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What did you get up to last night?

12:41 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Karaoke. Drinking. Chatting. Unfortunately, dude shut off the karaoke early (freaking bar closed at 1am, so he was done by 12:30) so I did not get an opportunity to sing Bobby Brown's "Every Little Step." There are 2 other Molly's in the program, and one of them told the dude I was leaving for Ukraine, and apparently that didn't change anything. Bastard.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page