Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

My Weekend

This weekend was another jam backed one, as my deadline for Ukraine gets closer and closer. On Saturday I had noted that there would be a Ukrainian festival in Baltimore and a few weeks ago suggested to my mother that it might be something that we could go to together. I wanted her to get an idea about the country and culture that I will be experiencing in a month. As it is close to my uncle and aunt who live near Baltimore, mom suggested it to them as well. Being great sports, they took us into the city and we found our way to the 29th Annual Ukrainian festival where we enjoyed looking at touristy crafts from Ukraine, specifically the pysanki, the elaborately painted eggs. We also saw traditional folk dances and various foods. I had some borshch, which was delicious and only made me look forward to the tasty treats I will get to have soon enough!

On Sunday, I went with my father to a huge art show in Delaware. We looked at a lot of art and saw some really beautiful things. Some ugly things too, but a lot of neat stuff too. I ended up purchasing a bowl from a local woman, because I really regret not getting any pottery at Alfred. One day I will make it back up to Hot Dog Day just to endow some current students with a little spending case for Alex's. But until then, I am content to pick and chose at places like the Bradywine Art Show.

It was a fantastic weekend filled with lots of family fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

well tips on earning money really do relate to molly's blog after all...

4:29 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Well, all this time I didn't think that my blog was searchable. Weird.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page