Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

In a New York Minute

On Sunday, nearly on a spur of the moment decision, my mother and I decided to take the train up to NYC for the day. This was entirely possible because my dear friend was available to hang out with us and help shuttle us around the A train, because God knows I am not a fan of the NY subway system. I've always wanted to go and see the Cloisters and thankfully, it was something that my friend has wanted to do as well, so we ventured there for the afternoon, enjoying the wonders of art from centuries past. We were also able to enjoy a beautiful day, as the weather was perfect as well. After our trip to the Cloisters, my mother wanted to see Ground Zero. I've never really understood why this has become something that tourists want to visit and see. It was really crowded and there was lots of tourists taking pictures. Very strange indeed, but I must admit that I tried to not really think about what went on while we were there. After that we saw a quick glimpse of Central Park, but as we were only going there for the day, we did not have much longer to play and wanted to grab some food before we took back off on the train. We found an Italian restaurant that was very yummy and really hit the spot. My mom and I took off on the train for the long ride back, but we made it home safe and sound and I was able to get some ice cream from McDonald's in 30th Street. All in all a great day. Thanks again to my friend helping us out. We had a GREAT time and I can't wait to see you again in a few weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page