Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Back from Boston

After much traffic in the greater Boston area and into Connecticut (which I suppose is the greater Boston area) I finally arrived home as the hour neared midnight.

Thankfully, I had wonderful company on the way down, and I'm glad that I was able to spend time with some close friends of mine as my own hours of departure are gathering near.

All of us had an excellent time in the city, visiting with old friends, playing pool, drinking, and just being ourselves.

It is things like this past weekend that make me realize just how much I will miss being in the United States. While I do not get a chance to see my friends all that often, I love when I do and the get togethers are often tons of fun.

As such, I have decided to plan something here in the West Chester area for the last weekend in September, the last weekend in the United States before taking off, and hopefully it will be more successful than my yard sale/drink my booze deal in Bowling Green, in which one person showed up and commented that he had no idea how unpopular I was. (I do believe that it was in jest, or perhaps just a fragile ego talking...) I still have to figure out exactly what kinds of things would go on at such an event, but that should be easy. Maybe.

I do wish that I had been able to see more Boston folks while I was there, as it was essentially an exclusively Alfred weekend, other than seeking refuge for the night elsewhere so that I could get a good nights sleep whilst the boys played poker and other people feel asleep on the couch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page