Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Countdown to becoming a real PCV!

Yes yes yes. I took the language test yesterday, and I will not know the results until we head out of our training cluster and back into the big group (which is a bit smaller now that some people have left early and whatnot), but of course, I want to pass. I have no idea how I did, but it wasn't horrible. That's all I know.

Today we did our community project, which involved buying and showing educational and English feature films to community schools. It seemed to go well, so I am happy that basically everything is over. Just the packing and saying goodbye that needs to happen.

We will leave here on Monday in the morning and head to the outskirts of Kiev. If all goes according to plans, we will be sworn in on the 22nd of December admist much publicity and fan fare. Supposedly, I will finally be on television, because it's that big of a deal.

This also means that the blog will be more dormant than it has been in awhile because I will be at the training place for about a week and will be heading down with my coordinator to my permanent site on Christmas. Yes, people, Christmas day spent on a train. I can't say that I've ever done that before, so while you are sitting down to your tasty dinners, opening gifts and enjoys the pleasantries of the season, think about me, sitting in a coupe with all my stuff, drinking a beer and looking out the window. I actually don't mind though, since Christmas is traditionally celebrated here on January 7th and New Year is the big holiday. Should be lots of fun, actually, and lots and lots of work.

I'm almost to the finish line, folks, thanks for keeping tabs on me and just reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page