Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Finding Some Balances

When I came back from site I felt some real enthusiasm to get so many different things done. Now I have a hard time sitting down and making lesson plans for the pedagogical college.

I think that training has taken my cluster longer to get tired of when compared to others and I've also recently come to the belief that having a terrific cluster that gets along so well could also be a bad thing, simply because no one from my cluster is coming to my site with me. Swearing in just a little more than 3 weeks away and then I'll be heading back to M--- with my coordinator and all of my stuff, saying goodbye to my host family and my clustermates. It's a sad thought and I'm a bit worried that then I'll have to deal with a tough transition, not having someone to walk home with at night, sit outside and chat, go for a beer or a cup of tea, etc. Granted, there are other volunteers in my town, but these folks are not my clustermates.

When I think about what I'll be doing and the work that I'll have in front of me to do, I do get excited, which is a good thing. I really can't wait to settle in and especially, to get my own place, which will hopefully happen sometime around March. Then, and I feel only then, can I begin to think of Ukraine as my home. And I look forward to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page