Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The First 10 Things I Will Do in My Own Apartment

Rather than focus on the negatives of the past three months living in the confines of a family,* I chose to spend my few remaining days** concentrating on all the things I have to look forward to. I share some here with you:

1. Enjoy the silence.
2. Take a mid-morning hot bath.
3. Stock the fridge with things I like, including juice and вода без газа.
4. Make phone calls from my land line!
5. Buy мёд and have it with my Plantation Mint tea and drink it out of my special mug.
6. Leave bathroom door open.
7. Not bring change of clothes into bathroom with me.
8. Wash my clothes in the washing machine!
9. Catch up with what's going on on my favorite Russian serial.
10. Dance, dance, dance.

*I want to make it clear that this refers only to my N-- family.
**As everything here is not quite what it seems, I fear having to send yet another week at the family. We are allowed to leave on Sunday. It depends on my university to come through, which, so far, they have.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you translate the cyrillic for those of us who dont remember much from their one term of russian in school?
-e

8:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Related to the previous comment.

How do you Cyrillic letters? Is it a feature of Ukrainian keyboards?

2:46 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

it's water without gas. Normally bottled water here is the fizzy kind. If you hit alt shift it will change the letters on the keyboards into Cyrillic. And actually, to my knowledge, the keyboards that I use are Russian, not Ukrainian. The only reason I know that is because the I with the double dots is not on it, hence, I would have to type Ukraine in Russian: Украина. At least that is what I think that it is. I can always only remember the Ukrainian way (where the thing that looks like a backwards 'N' is instead that I letter, so it sounds like: oo-cry-yeeenia instead of oo-cry-eenia. It may not look like much of a difference, but the sounds are different.

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page