Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Thoughts While Packing

Every time I have packed up all my belongings my thoughts return to that late night in West Chester and making some final decisions in order to simly carry my belongings alone (which actually, inretrospect is an exaggeration, as I got help along the way).

I am reminded of the anxiety I felt on the way to Chicago and then from Chicago to Kyiv, and so on. I found my first host family information (a small drawing of the family along with their address and phone numbers) that our LCF gave us before we got on the bus to our training site and how anxious I was about meeting them. But it all went wonderfully.

I remember going back to Prolisok in November with the knowledge that when I returned to training I would know where home would be in Ukraine. And taht was another nail biting event. Pretty much anytime I had to pack any bag was unbelievably nerve racking. But this time it was only exhiliaration. After nearly 6 months, I am going to be on my own. I know where I am going, what I am doing, and I couldn't be more pleased.

The morning of the day I was moving out I woke up early, much like a kid on Christmas morning full of excitement and anticipation. No anxiety. No need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page