Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Friday, December 08, 2006

A Guest! Finally!

So many months this has been in the works, but earlier this week I received confirmation that someone is coming to visit right after our Christmas.

I am extremely excited to have a visitor and see my "home" here and am counting down the days till the arrival.

Some of the original plans have already been scraped (staying in Odessa after he arrives, for instance) because I found out that I have to give "credits" the week of Christmas and that I should work on Christmas day (it is celebrated here January 7th). I have no idea what this whole "giving credits" thing is, especially since I found out earlier this semester that my courses don't show up on the students transcripts. Everyone ends up getting credits anyway, whether or not they've attended classes, so it's frustrating all around.

I'm very bummed about this and will see if I can possibly work something out, but on the bright side, my company will have an opportunity to meet my colleagues and my students, which should be interesting for him and fun for the students in particular.

-->side note: While I am "backed up" on a lot of my entries, this one is in "real time" with only 19 more days to go before the arrival!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

I can't wait to hear your suggestions about traveling! Am curious to know what you have in mind. Call me when you can--tonight I'll be at club until 6:30 and don't have class tomorrow--just club at university at 4.

Call when you get a chance.

Only 15 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page