Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Still Here

Eric and I have been having a wonderful time in Ukraine. We spent New Year's at my site with several other Volunteers dancing in the streets, watching fireworks go off in every direction, including being shot out of windows. It was a spectacular site to witness and I was glad to share this with him and with the other Volunteers, for all it was their first New Year's in Ukraine. I believe that it will be my last.

It is exciting to be on the "downhill" of service. My last New Year's. My last Christmas. And so on. I'm already looking forward to what comes next, whatever that may be.

Soon I'll be heading to Germany to visit my old site mate and a former student. I'm excited, but so much needs to be done in the meantime, most importantly, sending off Eric safe and sound on the 11th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page