Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Brasov

I left Monday open to visit the actual town of Brasov, knowing that museums and such would be closed.

The city has several beautiful churches, the most famous being the Black Church--which I think is the largest gothic style church in Romania if not Southeast Europe. The churches were open and the St. Nicholas church had some paintings on the outside, something I don't think I've come across.

The town boasts the nicest square in all of Romania, flanked by Baroque style buildings. It also has a nice pedastrian street for shopping and eating. There is also a funicular that you can take up to the top of a mountain that overlooks the city, but as it was Monday, it was closed. It was also rainy, so climbing to the top was not an option I wanted to take, so in the afternoon I went back to the hostel and applied for a job and looked online for others--making good use of my time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page