Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Friday, July 15, 2005

It's Friday already?

Who knew?

So, yes, we are back from our trip to Northern Michigan. It was beautiful. Unusually sunny and clear for the whole trip. It was marvelous and we did a lot of camping and were successful. We did stay at a few motels along the way, economically friendly ones, which was helpful for my dwindling wallet. We camped 5 nights, did 3 nights at other accomodations (hotel, motel, and a bed and breakfast), saw 6 waterfalls (this number could be wrong?), swam in 2 Great Lakes (Superior and Michigan), got stung umpteen times by mosquitoes and black flies, hiked numerous trails, climbed several dunes, took tons of pictures, ate 14 hot dogs, 6 potatoes, almost finished 3 pounds of fudge, and bought numerous postcards, and looked at amazing amounts of chotch, which of course I did occasionally buy: 2 mugs, 3 t-shirts, 3 decks of playing cards with pictures of national parks (for Ukrainians). Conservative, I might say.

Unfortunately, I got burnt on our last day laying out on a beach in the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park. I'm a dumbass. I got burned severely back in 2002 out in Provincetown in Cape Cod because I neglected to put on sunscreen. It was so bad that I could not walk for several days and my legs got hard as rocks. It was awful. This looks like it might not be so bad, but I certainly do feel a swelling when I walk around, so it looks like I have license to relax. Unfortunately, I want to clean and also try to look for a job because I am broke. We shall see how that goes. I will detail more of the trip once I get some photos back to accompany the entries. Every day was fantastic and we saw so many beautiful things!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page