Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Friday, August 19, 2005

UPDATE

*Cue the Unsolved Mysteries music*

While I was sitting filling at the paperwork at the temp agency my mother calls me and informs me that her boss the publisher (who I asked to be a reference for me, I've worked for her as well over the years) has something for me to do. Mom says, "so, it should be all cleared on Monday. You can walk out if you want to." Considering that perhaps, well, what if it doesn't go through, I stay. It was super easy and quick and they told me that they had something for me on Monday. I tell them that I have an appointment on Monday and so, they say, fine, Tuesday. For the next couple of weeks. Working near West Chester U, where I have worked before. Stocking books and working the cash register at a local book store where students get their books. $9 an hour. They feed you. Dress casual.

Wow. It's. All. Happening. So. Fast.

I'm too honest for my own good and tell them that while I was sitting filling out application, I might have another job. We shall see. Either way, it looks like I'll be covered. With my mom, it will be more money and steady work. And I still have an interview on Monday morning. So I always end up putting myself in these moral quandries--am I wasting these peoples' time? Should I go to cover all the bases, even if it means that I have to turn down work and therefore make me undesirable to call up in the future? What is the proper procedure for this whole thing? I have no idea, not having been a successful temp before (in Boston I went, did a test and the whole nine but never got any jobs. The economy was worse then). At any rate, I'm excited about not sitting around the house anymore and making some dough before I leave. I hope that it works out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Just like the buses - wait ages for 1 & 2 come along at once!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page