Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Clutter

I ask you, what would you do if you had moved from your own apartment into one room, which already contains a lot of junk that may or may not belong to you, and this room is smaller than your own (old) bedroom?

My room here in West Chester looks like a diaster area, but what am I supposed to do? I am trying to get things in order, but it's difficult to figure out what should go where before I am technically ready to start packing for the Peace Corps. I also have yet to find the TV remote... No idea where that is. But I am trying to still get things put "away" so that my mother will not have a fit when she comes home from work. I appreciate her neatness, don't get me wrong, but I would love to have just a little understanding. So my shoes don't get thrown at me if they are left in the living room, for example. Or I don't get yelled at when I am trying to figure out where my cds should go in my room for the next two years. It's frustrating and yelling does not really solve any problems, I've found.

So, for these next 6 weeks or so (I have yet to really sit down and do the math... A part of me just does not want to) I have to figure out how to make this work--and so does she. As it is I already have to make compromises WITH THE CAT. Yes, you have heard it here first. The stereo can not go on the bureau top because there are plants there that the cat likes to chew on. Things need to be put away immediately because the cat likes to sleep on the bed and look out the window. You'd think that this cat was a minor prophet or something. I love the cat myself, don't get me wrong. I spend hours hanging out with him, entertaining him, petting him, brushing him, etc, but darnit, I don't think that he *needs* to chew on plants for the next 6 weeks, you know? The kitty isn't going to die if he is not allowed that one luxury so that I can at least walk to the bathroom at night without falling over something.

Anyway, I still have yet to bring in all my stuff as it is, so I should be off gathering everything! I also need to work more on my Ukrainian and try to find a temp agency to take me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page