Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Getting Lazy With the Blog

...And everything else.

This weekend was awesome. I had a greate time with the few friends who were able to make it down to see me off to Ukraine. I am grateful to have such wonderful friends who make and take the time out of their busy schedules to come down and see me. I know that others are kept by distance, finances, or just life, but I want those to know who made it down that it really meant so much to me. And for those who gave their regards, I also greatly appreciate that as well. I am going to try and call, write, and e-mail as many as possible this week, but time is quickly running out and I've got to kick myself on overdrive if I want to accomplish everything.

Te weekend was also very relaxing, but I have really only begun today to think about the ramifications of my departure. Well, in ways that do not relate to me.

You see, I know that two years is a long time, but I suppose I never really thought about what that meant to other people, but in saying goodbye to some folks on Sunday I did begin to cry a bit. In some ways it's a big risk to leave, and as I told those present, I would not venture so far for so long if I didn't feel certain relationships to be so stable as to support that distance. But today, saying goodbye at the airport to a good friend with tears in her eyes I realized that it was not just me who would be upset by all of this. But later I realized that maybe she was just upset that she didn't get enough sleep the night before or that she left her cheese curls here. I dunno. But it hurt.

So I did what any good American would do. I went to the mall and bought an ipod.

And this was not just any mall. It was Delaware's finest shopping mall for tax free shopping, as the Christiana Mall claims to be. I've spent the rest of the day copying my cd's for it and having my computer overheat just about every cd. There is no way I will be able to get everything I want, so I have to make sure that I have enough Bono to keep me satisfied until I am able to come home in May.

Of course that is assuming that I last that long!

I just hope that the few of you who read this periodically are able to (and want to) go on this journey with me. I hope that I am able to keep the blog up and fill you in with the details of living abroad. It has promise, that is certain, but only time will tell.

I believe that I will also put out some cash for a better memory card for my digital camera, as currently the one I got free only stores about 35. I enjoy the photos most and running out of them has made me a bit sluggish currently. Well, that and reality.

And so again, thank you again to those that could make it. I love you all and will miss you deeply.

Later this week I will include my address abroad that can be used for the initial contact for me. When I settle in someplace, wherever that may be, I will pass that info along via e-mail.

2 Comments:

Blogger HouseRunner said...

i just saw you a few weeks ago, that and I was running a national conference this weekend. give a girl a break. I might have cried. maybe not.

we'll see :)
I'll be a continuing reader

1:00 PM  
Blogger K said...

Sh*t Molly I am going to miss you so much (can I say sh*t here?!). And while I don't cry in public (if you, Gwen, Dan, et al. can be considered public) there's been tears in the secrecy of my little apartment and I know there'll be more once it hits me that you're not a NJ Transit ride away.

But I'm not dealing yet. Don't make me. ;)

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page