Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Gig is Up!

Today is my first day back from work, meaning that as of now, 11:38am, I should have done about sixteen different needed chores, but instead, I've been constructing e-mails and goofing off.

In my own defense, I was out late last night, meeting up with several folks who will be joining me on this whole Ukrainian adventure. I am extremely glad that I went simply to get an idea, or a picture, of who else is going, why, and what kinda folks they are. I had a blast, so I'm hoping that that is a good indication of what is in store for the next couple of years. Just about everyone has heard me complain about the lack of community there was at graduate school and how despite my better judgement, I am assuming that there will be community in Ukraine, to the same effect as VISTA. So far, it seems like an excellent possibility.

Now that work is over, I need to construct lists of things needed to do, things to buy, things to pack, etc, and start sorting through my bundles of stuff to try and get rid of some of it all.

In terms of work though, I was sorry to go. I avidly enjoyed my time at the newspaper, which I chronicled to an extent here, and met some really interesting people and felt very welcome. They all went above and beyond a call for me, and it was much appreciated. I also feel very fortunate to have been able to work with a new person and "train" her (it was more collaborative from my perspective) and get to know her--considering the short amount of time that I was there, and how interested I was in the beginning about just getting a paycheck, I was not expecting to meet such a cool and interesting person. It was a huge bonus and I hope that I am able to keep in touch.

Keeping in touch will be another entry for another day, though, I suppose...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page