Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Last Night in K---

Sunday had arrived, the last day with my training group and my beloved host family. A clustermate and I went to the internet to check e-mail one last time before we headed out to Prolisok.

After that was done, it was time to get a few errands done and return home. My clustermates and I had a lot of packing to do and I knew that most of it would not get done until late (or the next morning.)

My host family had friends over who kept bringing over bottles of sweet red wine and demanding me to drink to the bottom. We danced to all sorts of songs and just made merriment.

The next morning I got up, said goodbye to Maxim and Sveta said that she'd return to say goodbye. She came back and we had one more cup of tea before we said our final goodbyes and I finished getting ready. I'd be lying if I didn't say that it wasn't emotional. Both of us were trying not to cry and I promised to come and visit, which I honestly wish I could do immediately. They made a point of making me feel comfortable and invited me to many things. Sveta's knowledge of English was amazing and will be sorely missed. I loved that they were such a socail family who had many friends- I got to know a lot of people in town and truthfully felt like it was my home.

I will never forget my time spent their and how wonderul it was to be in such a supportive environment. I am very grateful to my clustermates, PC teachers, and to all our host families who took such great care of us. I miss you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page