Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Reunited and it Feels so....Strange

Monday morning we gathered up all our stuff, ordered some taxis and headed to where we were to meet with PC bus back to Pro.

We were the last cluster to get on the bus (out of 4 total) and we were immediately told that there was no room for our belongings in the luggage compartments at the bottom of the bus and that we'd have to haul it on the bus, along with our link groups belongings. That was not fun, but the male PCT's proved yet again to be gentlemen (well, at leas our link gentlemen) and helped get everything on the bus and we were off.

I sat next to a clustermate and we shared my ipod listening to tunes as we arrived back to the first place we stayed in Ukraine, and for the first time since then we would be seeing the whole group, not just our half. I was excited about seeing old friends again and curious about seeing others, but still sad that the homesaty and language lessons were over. I was thankful to the tunes and the joyous company I had to share.

We arrived in the afternoon and got all the bags off the bus and shelped them closer to the doors. We had some small training things that evening and then had an opportunity to hang out with everyone.

While I did enjoy getting an chance to hang out, the atmosphere at this training place just always seems to suck the life out of people and make them behave in ways that are beneath their character. Unfortuantely, I feel into this trap, not by drinking or anything else like that, but simply just by caring too much about what was going on around me to put things into perspective. It made for an honestly crappy holiday. Thankfully, we will not have to go back their until February, and while it will still be a large group, I'm trying to reevaulate ways of keeping my sanity in the sanatorium (no, I'm not kidding, that is what they call Soviet resorts).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page