Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Finally Some Snow!

Because I now live in the south, on any given day, it can be expected that I am enjoying 10 degrees (Centigrade) warmer weather than Kyiv receives. This is awesome, in my opinion. Having always lived in the northern part of my own country, it's nice to live in the South for a change. I mean, there are no palm trees here, like there are in Crimea, but it's noticably different.

The other day though, I woke up and looked out of my window and noticed just a little bit of snow on the ground, covering up the mud, which is everywhere and gets my clothes really dirty. Everyone hates mud to begin with, but when you don't have a washing machine and have to do that stuff by hand, you begin to hate it even more. So, this little bit of snow was a welcome change to me, because, in my errorenous thinking, snow=hard ground. Not here, apparently. So on top of snow, there is still mud.

Since the last few days have been "holodnya" (cold) the ground has finally frozen somewhat, making it a bit more pleasant to walk around on.

Tomorrow is Ukrainian Christmas, and also my host mother's birthday, and also a party for the new volunteers in town, which includes me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page