Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Well Done!

Those packages were fantastic, containing a variety of super cool stuff.

Things for my head.
Things for my heart.
Things for my brain.
For my stomach.
For my school.
And so on.

Eric sent me a lot of books, which will be extremely useful not only for personal use, but also for school and language learning. Very thoughtful. A dvd for fun (which I watched with my sitemate last night), some cds I had been asking for (which, by the way, I have not stopped listening to!), and photographs.

Chandra and B surprised me with a package full of edible goodies (when I saw the icing I let out a shriek of joy), a few dvds (I watched a few of the Sex in the City episodes after coming back from my sitemates apartment), a long long letter which has inspired me to write more, and well, more delicious edible goodies. Yum!

The third came from another Alfred friend who is never reads the blog, but who always sends the coolest stuff. I got more candy than I know what to do with, an adorable knitted hat and a cute bag, a little bouncy ball and more fun stuff. Was great too.

Everyone had included some information on their universities (it pays to know folks who work in education or are in graduate school!) which I had honestly forgotten about, so I was really pleased and touched that they not only remembered me, but my students too, as I asked some months back for them to see what American universities looked like, what course selection booklets were like, etc. It will definitely come in handy next semester.

Again, a big thanks to all of you--that stuff makes my week, easy! Большое Cпасибо

1 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Salad dressing was there too. It all was. :)

My service is slated to end December 2007. I still have 19 months in Ukraine. You have plenty of time if you'd be interested. It's sure off the beaten path.

Whose the other Alfredian?

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page