Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Summer Plans

I am excited for the summer. So far I have three special things planned and hope that this summer will be full of Peace Corps approved business/offical/weekend travel.

First (and probably most exciting of all) is an American Studies conference put on by the U.S. Embassy to be held in Yalta. Yes, a glorious week in Yalta talking about American Studies. Can you believe my luck? It actually turns out that one of my clustermates will be there too, the only other PCV going. I hope that it will be as awesome as I am hoping it will be.

Next is our second language refresher, which for me will be in the Eastern city of Kharkiv, another part of the country I have yet to see. So, I am really looking forward to that too.

Last on the list is the summer camp I'll be participating in, held nearby. Everyone who has participated before raves about this camp, so I'm super excited to be a part of it, even if I know it will be a lot of work.

Also on the summer schedule is a working meeting in Kyiv, which maybe will also for some sightseeing, finally.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it the Yalta conference that decided the fate of the whole of eastern Europe? Be careful what you decide there.

But Im sure that going anywhere will be a nice holiday. See the sights. Photograph the rotting communist architecture. Buy some spices and foreign food.

I would love to come visit, but dont hold your breath. Im not even sure how I will leave the Antipodes yet.

-e

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page