Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Constitution Day

For those of you who want to be in the know, today is Ukraine's birthday.

She turns a whopping 15 years old today, and I, for one, congratulate her on her independence and her continuing committment to democracy. There have been some interesting developments that occurred over the summer while I was galavanting around the countryside that I will update all of you about, but as most of you probably don't follow Ukrainian politics, I think that you will be able to live for a week or so without the news, which by now, is

How will I celebrate? Probably by playing a card game with some folks in the area and this weekend making a day trip out to a beach. Hear there is a new Irish pub to check out too, which looks like it will be done tomorrow.

But for now, again, happy birthday Ukraine!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Irish pub? Can you drink Guinness?! Yummmm.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

I *could* have drank Guiness, if it didn't cost me more than a frigging Big Mac Mc Menu. 24 greevin is almost $5. That's a no go.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page