Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Consumption, Not just for your grandparents anymore

So, it appears that my TB results came back "questionable" and I have to stay in Kyiv over the weekend to get a chest x-ray on Monday. I have known several other volunteers who have gotten TB while here, and it's never been a big deal. Because the results were inconclusive, I will have to come back up in a few months and retake the test, but they want to cancel out the risk of it being in my lungs now.

If I do test positive in the future, I'll be on antibodics for nine months and will not be able to have any alcohol. That isn't really a big deal for me, but at the same time, as soon as you are told that you can't do something, you get angry that you can't!

I'll let you know the results of the test when I am back at site.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope everything is o.k.! I'll be crossing my fingers for you.
-Cathy

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page