Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Monday, July 02, 2007

El Campo

Last week I was at an intensive espagnol camp at a clustermate's site.

I learned a little Spanish, which was fun, but mostly helped out with things like making copies, copying dvds, cds, and going to the rinok to buy Second Hand clothing; therefore contributing to the local economy before getting harrassed by some Ukrainian man who I think was trying to convert me to some strange cult either called "One Important Day" or something. I couldn't understand very well.

I also made a pinyata, which might have well been the saddest looking pinyata any group of kids with sticks in their hands have ever seen. But they did what any group of kids with a pinyata might have done: hit it until it burst open (which had to happen once it fell on the ground, still somewhat entact). We, however, had to encourage them to run for the candy and in the end ended up passing it out.

But fun was had by all, and we all learned some Spanish, sang along to songs, watched some travel videos of South America, and I got to spend time with two of my favorite people in Ukraine, one of my clustermate's and a linkmate.

The camp was the last time I'd see my clustermate in Ukraine, as she is preparing to leave for the US sometime next week. She is also the very first from our cluster to leave Ukraine. It's a sad sort of ending, but one we'll all have to do sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page