Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Surprise Gift!

Today I got an e-mail from the Prof that I'll be housesitting for. She said that there was something cool in my mailbox, so I made an unscheduled trip to the department to see that the Armenian student had left me a little gift and a note. The thank you note was really nice and she said that I was the 'best TA' she ever had! Some of my colleagues have likewise gotten some nice thank you's at the end of the semester, so it was nice to see that I also had made some sort of contribution as well, although instead this was more of a personal connection than anything else, which is fine by me.

Normally, I wouldn't bring this sort of thing up, but my mom reads this, so I'd like her to know that foreigners think that I rock and that this student is pretty confident that Ukrainians will like me too. Isn't that sweet?

1 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Aww, thanks! Did you hear that I was coming to graduation? I also heard about some mad sunburn--you gotta use sunscreen, okay!!!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page