Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The results are in....

And I passed. No problems at all.

It lasted a fairly long time, but I believe that that is because my chair likes to do things by the book, and has been adamant about making me do the real deal--be it writing a long thesis, revising it, defending it, and so on. But there didn't seem to be any problems, even with the criticisms, and so my defense is done. I can now finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I need to revise the rest of chapter 3, all of 4 and revise my conclusion a lot, but I told her that I'd have it back to her no later than the 27th.

After that, I will make any final revisions (I am assuming that she will sign off on it after the 27th) and I turn it into my director who will proof-read it, give me final revisions, and sign off on the project. Everything needs to be turned in by July 5th at 4:30pm to the Graduate College in order to graduate. That should *fingers crossed* not be a problem.

Last night I celebrated by inviting my friend and her boyfriend over for a cook out. We had some Yuengling, burgers, sausages, and just relaxed. Since she had been going through the same process, it was nice for us both to just kick back for the evening. And it was a beautiful one indeed. The last night at the house.

This morning, I packed up all the books, clothes, belongings, etc, and came back home to the apartment for good. I got so emotionally attached to those kitties that I nearly cried when I left. I know that that is sad, but I think that it also epitomizes how incredibly lonely this entire year has been. I know, I know, cry me a river, right? I'm sure that it could have been worse. No, I'm positive that it could have been. And now, as long as I do the rest of the work required, I'll be able to get out of town in August feeling like I accomplished something. And that is a good feeling.

2 Comments:

Blogger HouseRunner said...

Phenomenal cosmic *yay* hug


WOO HHOOOO

you, my friend, ROCK

-chandra

12:52 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Thanks Chandra, I really appreciate it!!! :)

I can't wait for summer to begin!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page