Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Monday, June 20, 2005

D-Day Just a Day Away

Oh it's been an awful past 3 or 4 days. Revising has made me beyond miserable, at first thinking that I could tackle the beast in a weekend, even if it meant that I'd have to pull an all-nighter. I made it to about 2am on Saturday morning (or as I like to think of it, Friday night) before calling it a night, not even 1/2 way to my goal for that day. The next day I had stressed myself out so much that I was crippled in pain from my back, exhausted from the caffeine overload I had gorged on the night before, and spent a lot of time thinking about crying without actually doing so. And then I had an epiphany. There was no way that I was ever going to be able to finish editing everything by Sunday night (my own self-imposed goal) or Monday evening (my chair's goal), so I decided to just do what I could as thoroughly as possible, and I made it more than half way--just about 9 more pages to go in the 3rd chapter. As such I got to enjoy myself last night somewhat by watching Ali G, as the house has extra special HBO cable and that show is hysterical.

I am not happy with the project. Not anywhere near as happy as I thought that I would be, but I guess that is because the more that I sit around and think about it, the more I think that it sucks. Oh well. I just hope that they are not too cruel or difficult on me. My chair did suggest that I think of some things to talk about tomorrow to "take control" of it. Unfortunately everything that I want to talk about--Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes getting engaged, where I can cheaply vacation in the UP, how much I can't wait to have the time to go to the gym again after this done--is probably not the kinds of thing that she has in common.

But I am giving myself the night off. The kitties owner should be coming home either tomorrow or Wednesday and thus I need to mow her lawn again, clean up, run the dishwasher, do laundry, etc. Oh, how I shall miss those adorable little kitties.

I also got an e-mail from the Peace Corps today to fill out a language form. Apparently you can state your preference for language--whether you want to speak Ukrainian or Russian. I need to think about this before responding, because I see pluses and minuses to both. Perhaps I will talk about that tomorrow at my defense! But for now, I think that I should head back up to Perrysburg to accomplish some of those goals, put a Yuengling in the fridge and mow the grass and get to bed!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Won't you be based in the Ukraine?

If so, it'd be better for you if you speak Ukrainian, if you're in the western part - they haven't got over the fact that the Russians used to own them - but if you're in the eastern part Russian would be better...

3:25 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

I've thought about that too... I will probably post my thoughts later about this, and probably even ask the few PCV's in my group that I know of about their thoughts.

4:39 AM  
Blogger HouseRunner said...

TELL ME HOW IT WENT!!!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page