Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Frustrations

Both our TCF and LCF have indicated that the 4th and 5th weeks are full of frustrations. That people end this honeymoon and start hating everything that they originally found charming. I really haven't found that to be the case here so much. I always have frustrations around the language and what I think that I should be learning versus what I actually know. (For example, I can't ask for a ticket to Kyiv, but I can describe my own family). But earlier this week I found myself in my room thinking about pizza and chicken salad for some reason. And of course there is always the desire for Indian and Mexican food. But really, I thought about a lot of those things while I was in Bowling Green too. So in that way, Ukraine is no different from Northwest Ohio.

My main concerns of course now lie in thinking about my site placement which I will find out about on November 7th. I am currently working at a Pedological college, which in somes ways is a lot like a high school. This was not really what I envisioned for myself when I thought about being a "university" instructor, and there is still a chance of being placed in a University in a larger city, but of course the chance also exists to be in a town and in a situation much like this one, which isn't really what I want. So a lot of my recent feelings and thoughts have been in dealing with what I will do if that is the case and how I will learn how to struggle through and make it or realize that that is not going to help me out professionally and decide what to do from there. Time of course will tell how things go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page