Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Leaving on a Jet Plane Part Deux

So after an intensive day of training we were finally let loose to take in some of the city. I ended up going out to dinner with two other women in the program and we headed out to see downtown Chicago. Out of the three, I was the only one that has been here before, so I thought that we should head over to Millenium Park. We ate at Giodano's and had some deep dish and came back after strolling along Michigan Avenue.

I still want to repack my bags and redistribute some weight for the flight tomorrow. I'm still cursing myself about the packing issue, but there really isn't anything that I can do about it, so I'm resigned to just hoping that some other people take pity on me and help me out. One can only hope...

So, the word is that after we do get into Kyiv we will be bused out to a "wooded area" and stay for a few days before being put in our cluster groups and settling in with a host family. I still have no idea where I will be placed or anything about the family, but I am looking forward to those questions being answered, although, honestly, I am taking comfort in being with the large group for a few more days.

They tell us that we will not have access to international phone calls or internet service, so if this site is vacant for a few weeks that is why.

Some people are nervous, some people are excited, I'm just ready.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck- I'm rootin for ya!

I am also glad to see everything is working out and that you finally let us ( your devoted readers) make comments. Make sure you click the button to allow that more often. :)

And just to let you know about land you left behind- the crew is almost all gone. The Elvis-fan has flown the coop, spread her wings and gone to nest in the north.

As for me well im still stuck in the black swamp quicksand but looking upwards.

Let me know if you need anything- ya know psychically :) lol

Sending Good thoughts your way,
K

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to wish you good luck! Let me know if there is anything that we can do for you...other than frequent entertainment updates. BTW: Katie allegedly having Tom's baby. Hopefully, she won't have the baby before you get internet access :)

Take Care,
Cathy

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page