Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Thanks for the Packages!

Last week I received two packages from the States containing such wonderful treats as Oreos, peanut butter, cheese whiz (I'm wondering how I can make cheesesteaks with it), various chocolates and candies, towels, a people magazine, peeps, pictures, tea, and so on.

I live for such small treasures. So thank you Mom and Leah!

I occasionally get requests in regards to what folks should send. The answers vary according to moods, but these are always to please:
-cake mixes, cookie mixes, brownie mixes
-pudding mixes
-taco mixes
-fajita mixes
-so, essentially, anything spicy or tasty in a mix form. If they have salsa or dips in a packet form, send it.
-magazines are always good and can pass them along. Just know that as volunteers we get Newsweek International.
-photos. People love 'em.
-dvd copies of American TV shows.
-books. About just about anything. Favorite piece of fiction? Some junior classics? I can make excellent use of them.

I will warn that packages sent to Kyiv are notoriously lighter or nonexistant by the time they reach the volunteers. And supposedly a package to N-- has gone missing, but otherwise all are accounted for.

Again, letters and postcards are also welcome and I have a good track record for writing everyone back, even if it takes a while (Leah, your letter is on its way).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha!
-e

7:50 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Got it and it is.

I'm scared that Eoin is laughing.

And I found salad. Add salad dressing (plastic bottles) to the mix. But please no ranch or blue cheese.

Or Russian. If I wanted ketchup and mayo I could do it myself.

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was that last comment? Someone threatenng you because you dont like the foul substance known as "ranch dressing"?
Im laughing cs I know what is in the package I just sent you. I must be psychic or something.
-e

6:07 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

No, I double posted. Crap. I hate ranch, Eoin.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

We always ask for taco mix, too. And chocolate chips. It's such a pain to make cookies by breaking candy bars into little pieces with your fingers.

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page