Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Ah....The Long Lost Days of Training....

I have been long waiting for the ability to freely post photos on the blog again, even if it is a bit time consuming. With internet a mere 1.50 greeven an hour after midnight, it's a bargain! Even if I do have to wait some ungodly amount of time for it to post.

Anyway, this excites me more about getting myself up to visit one of the girls I went to Budapest with, so that I can share the city's beauty with all of you (ok, well, I guess just Ed! :) )

So this is a photo from the day I arrived in Ukraine nearly a year ago now, October 3rd, 2005.

Okay, so I'm kidding about that--it didn't snow in October! It was taken the day that we left our training town, K-- in December and headed back to Prolisok to be sworn in as real live Peace Corps Volunteers. As I have been reaching my anniversary here in Ukraine, it has made me a bit contemplative about how I've changed, not solely from my life prior to Ukraine, but actually here in country, and some of them are astonishing. The person in the picture could not have imagined some of the changes that have taken place since then, but it's been quite the experience, and I think (hope) that it's all been for the better.

So that's a bit too self-reflective, isn't it? But that's what happens when I have to stay up so late to use the internet at half price and faster service!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page