Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Event is Over

On Monday our university held an event at the Ukrainian theater in town and it went fairly well. One other PCV was able to attend, which was nice, and while certain mistakes were made, no one outside of the department was really there to observe it (we had one "school leaver" attend).

"Hello Dolly" went well, with two girls at last minute training two other girls who didn't show up to class on Friday and made the little dance work. Juliet did not remember her lines, but remembered my intrepretation of Romeo and Juliet enough to recite me, not Shakespeare. As you can imagine, I was at first mortified, but later I had a certain sort of thrill, since I realized that no one else in the room knew since they have not grown up reading Shakespeare in original English. I read my bit about American theater, which was boring, but people politely smiled throughout and then I begged my coordinator to forgo the "games" section scheduled for myself and the other PCV, since there were no school leavers to do the games anyway.

Photos were taken during rehearsal. Then during the actual event. And then, of course, afterwards. And even more later. Photos were a major part of the event, I'd have to say. If I ever come across some, I'll let you see what I mean.

I feel ten times better than I did. It's over. The last major event that I need to do for my university before I leave. Now I can get back to cover letters and apartment searching. But first, I'm gonna take a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page